Monday, November 20, 2006

It begins like this...

My first glimpse of writing on this new site will start with a little background.

I decided to switch from Xanga (a true blog site) to Myspace at the insistence of several of my friends. In the beginning I was very skeptical and found that just like most other means of communication (transistor radios, pagers, cell phones) communicating with my friends via myspace would soon come to a close. It started innocently enough. Someone would leave a comment on my page. I would comment back. Someone else I know would comment on what I wrote on my friends page. People would start writing things on other peoples pages knowing that other people will see it when they go to leave a comment. You start adding a band or two and other bands would ask for an invite as well. You would start adding people that you haven't talked to in years and they still don't realize that just because you've added them doesn't mean you're friends again without taking some kind of step forward and actually commenting. People don't seem to understand the concept of a friend. It's not that you can get in contact with someone at any given time. It's that you ACTUALLY get in contact with them. Now, I get invites from people wanting me to view their webcams and before you know it nobody cares when you blog...they just want to have a large friend count and see what other people say when they comment on your page.

Alas, I'm starting over. I'm going to keep my myspace page for a bit...I actually still have my xanga although I never use it. When I have something to write this will probably be the place I write it. Where do I go from here?

2 comments:

TAB said...

Paaaaallllleeeeeaaaaassssseeee! Never put a camera in front of you?! HA! I don't think so!

Megan said...

lovin this site Jason...i might have to switch to this as well :)